Reminders & best wishes leading into the Christmas Holidays
6 December 2017
Hi there from the team at Axico
We know it’s a really busy time of year - with a rush to get through work projects, ticking off Christmas shopping lists, and of course the fun festivities of Christmas parties and celebrations!
So we will keep this one brief, with some useful tips to keep your possessions safe going into the summer holidays.
CONTACT US OVER THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS
We are available in the office up until Friday 22nd December, and return Monday 15th January 2018.
- If there is anything you urgently require, Darryl Phipps will be available on his cell phone, at 027 4324 267.
- AMP / Vero General and Business Insurance Claims 050 880 6244 (extension 1 claims).
- AMP / Vero General Insurance payments & queries 0508 267 271
- AMP / Vero Business Insurance payments & queries 0800 104 505
There are also a ton of resources available at our fantastic website www.axico.co.nz - so if you haven’t already, check it out!
PERSONAL AFFAIRS AND HOUSE POSSESSIONS
Do you have your personal affairs and house possessions in order, so you can hit the road with a clear head space?
Please do contact us if you want to make sure you have your contents insured to their full value, or if you have items to specify (valued at over $5,000) that you would like to add before you head away.
We have attached the contents checklist for anyone wanting to reassess their contents Sum Insured amount - this is handy tool with alerting you to any items that may have slipped your mind.
Simple steps to checkoff before leaving home for your holidays…
- Stop or forward any mail, newspapers, or other deliveries - or ask a neighbour or trusted friend/family member to clear your mailbox.
- Review any bill payment schedules, and arrange pre-payments for any of the following: utilities, rent, mortgage, phone etc. This avoids utility shut-offs, late fees, and credit damage!
- Contact your credit card companies and inform them of any travel plans, especially if travelling to exotic destinations! Pre-warn them of any possible charges or (more frequently) spending that may occur from various & unusual locations. We also recommend that you arrange prepayment for minimum payment amounts, to avoid any late charges.
- A handy tip - arrange for your lawn to be mowed and watered while gone, which will help to avoid calling attention to an unattended house, and means you come back to a well maintained property!
- We strongly recommend not to hide things - for example don't leave a house key under the doormat! Also be sure to put any jewellery or other valuables in safety deposit box.
That's all from us for now, except to share that we have some exciting changes coming up in the new year - Axico is on the move early 2018! More details to come at a later date, so be sure to keep watching this space.
Otherwise, best wishes to you and please do contact us with any queries or concerns that you have over the coming weeks - as always we are more than happy to help or reassure wherever we can!
Wishing you all happy, healthy, and prosperous times
The Axico Team
Simon, Darryl, Steph, Chloe, Jillian, Emily, and Robyn.